Big shock to Congress party: ED seized 11-storey building of National Herald worth ₹ 16.38 crore

Spread the love

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has ordered attachment of assets worth Rs 16.38 crore of Congress Promoted Associated Journals Limited (AJL). According to the provisional attachment order issued by ED on Saturday (May 9, 2020), this action has been taken in a case of money laundering. This building is located in Bandra, Mumbai.

New trouble has arisen for the Congress Party in the National Herald case. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has ordered attachment of assets worth Rs 16.38 crore of Congress Promoted Associated Journals Limited (AJL). According to the provisional attachment order issued by ED on Saturday (May 9, 2020), this action has been taken in a case of money laundering.

The plot in Bandra came into limelight when BJP leader Subramanian Swamy accused Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of manipulating the assets of the National Herald. After this, the Congress leaders had to go to court. Explain that in 1983 this property was provided to the National Herald in Bandra to publish the newspaper at a discounted rate.

Journalist J Gopikrishnan alleged that on the same plot of National Herald at Panchkula in Haryana, AJL has taken a loan from Syndicate Bank’s Delhi branch in Bandra, Mumbai to build this 11-storey building, which is worth around Rs 120 crore.

Earlier, the Enforcement Directorate had attached Gurugram’s assets worth Rs 64.93 crore under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in 2019.

As per the ED investigation, in 1982, at the company’s request, AJL was allotted plot number C-17, Sector 6 in Sector 6 of Panchkula to start the Navajivan newspaper. In which there was also the condition that within ten years, the work of building a newspaper on this land will be started, but neither the building nor the newspaper was started in the time.

After violation of the conditions, this land came back to HUDA i.e. Housing Urban Development Authority which has now been made HSVP Haryana Sehri Vikas Pradhikaran on 30.10.1992. AJL tried to take back this land, but in 1995 and 1996 the demand was rejected.

Similarly, the Enforcement Directorate had earlier attached assets worth Rs 30 crore in Mohali allotted by former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in December 2018 in the case of Associated Journals and National Herald case.

Motilal Vora is the Managing Director of AJL. The Gandhi family intervenes on this company. AJL runs the National Herald newspaper. This newspaper was started by Jawaharlal Nehru in the year 1939. In 1956 AJL became a company. In 2008, all its publications were closed. Then the company had a debt of Rs 90 crore.

After this, the Congress leadership created a new unprofessional company named ‘Young Indian Private Limited’. It stars Motilal Vora, Suman Dubey, Oscar Fernandes and Sam Pitroda as directors along with Sonia and Rahul Gandhi. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi had 76 percent shares in the new company, while the remaining 24 percent were held by other directors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *