To apply for PF Advance, the employee will have to visit the EPF website or Unified Portal.
EPFO has issued some important questions and answers for those who want to avail the facility of PF Advance. Before applying, it is important to know how much amount you can withdraw, whether your company is eligible under it and whether this amount will be taxed. Because it is advanced, employees do not need to put the amount back into the PF account.
Applicable to all institutions across the country
The government had earlier given relief in the EPFO rules related to withdrawal of PF amount in view of the problems faced by the people during the lockdown. The new rule of PF Advance or PF Withdrawal will be applicable to all institutions across the country. This is because Corona has been declared an epidemic for the entire country and hence the employees who are working in institutions and factories anywhere in the country and who are members of the EPF Scheme, 1952 benefit from this non-refundable advance. can take.
According to the notification, employees are allowed to withdraw up to 75% of non-refundable advance or 3 months basic salary and DA from credit in their PF account. Whichever of these is less, he can take it out. PF balance includes the share of both the employee and the employer along with the interest earned on the contribution. To take advantage of PF advance, the employee does not need to show any document or certificate to the EPFO.
For example, if the employee’s PF balance is Rs 50,000 and his basic salary plus DA is Rs 15,000 per month, then he can withdraw the PF balance of Rs 37,500. To apply for PF Advance, the employee will have to visit the EPF website or Unified Portal.
How to Apply for PF Advance?
• Log into the member portal of the Unified Portal first. (https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface)
• Then go to the online services and click on Claim (Form-31,19,10C, 10D).
• Enter the last 4 numbers of your bank account and verify.
• Then click on “Proceed for Online Claim”.
• Select PF Advance (Form 31).
• Then select Outbreak of Pandemic (Kovid-19).
• Enter the amount you need and upload the scanned copy of the check and enter your address.
• Then click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”.
• Link the Aadhaar to the OTP that came on your mobile.
• Then the claim will be submitted.