6 years of Jan Dhan Yojana, more than 40 crores open accounts, know why PM Modi said ‘Gamechanger’?

Spread the love

Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), one of the biggest schemes of Modi government, has completed 6 years today. After becoming Prime Minister in 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Narendra Modi) launched Jan-Dhan Yojana on 15 August 2014. The purpose of which was to open people’s bank accounts.

Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), one of the biggest schemes of Modi government, has completed 6 years today. After becoming Prime Minister in 2014, PM Narendra Modi (Narendra Modi) launched Jan Dhan Yojana on 15 August 2014. The purpose of which was to open people’s bank accounts. Today, when its six years were completed, PM Modi tweeted and congratulated the people and put some facts related to this scheme in front of everyone.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi wrote in his tweet, ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was launched 6 years ago, which was aimed at connecting people with the banking system. It proved to be a game-changer, which worked to benefit those trapped in poverty. ”PM Modi further wrote,“ Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana has secured the future of crores of families. Most of the people in it are from rural areas and are women. I thank those who have worked for this scheme ‘.

How did ‘Jan Dhan Yojana’ become a game changer?

1. 40.35 crore bank accounts have been opened under this scheme till August 2020.

2. In total bank accounts 55. 2 percent accounts are in the name of women.

3. Of the bank accounts opened under Jan Dhan Yojana, 64 percent are in rural areas, the remaining 36 percent are in cities.

4. In this, account can be opened through zero balance.

5. Accident insurance of 2 lakh is available under this scheme, which is absolutely free.

6. There is also a facility to get debit cards in Jan Dhan accounts.

Let us tell you that under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana the government deposited 30,705 crores in the accounts of women during April-June 2020. This is the time when the entire country was under lockdown due to Corona crisis. 8 crores under Jan Dhan Yojana

Modi government transfers the money of many schemes to the people through direct benefit transfer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *