Now you will not have to go to Aadhaar center to update your mobile number in Aadhar card. Now the postman will also come to your home and update the mobile number in Aadhaar. For this, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the issuing body of Aadhaar, has tied up with India Post Payments Bank.
This service will be available through 1.46 lakh postmen and Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) working in a network of 650 India Post Payments Banks established across the country. For this, smart phones will be given to the postmen, for this purpose the postal department is giving hi-tech smart phones to the postmen. In this, with the help of special software app, you will be able to update mobile number in Aadhar card. For this, the postmen have been given proper training. Trained postmen will update the Aadhar card from door to door.
Download aadhar card without registered mobile number
If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar then you need not worry. You can download your Aadhar card through UIDAI website. For this follow the steps given below..
• Customer without registered mobile number first visit the official website of UIDAI
• After that on the home page select My Aadhar option
• Then click on Order Aadhaar Reprint option under My Aadhaar
• After doing this, enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number
• After Aadhar number fill the captcha code given below
• After this click on the option of my mobile number is not registered
• Enter your alternate mobile number here
• After entering the mobile number, select the OTP tab and complete the OTP verification process
• Then select the option of Reprint,
• After this fill the fee by selecting the option of payment.
• An e-Aadhaar will be downloaded once the payment is completed.
More about this source text