7th Pay Commission latest update: Central employees will get gift, dearness allowance may increase by 4 percent

Spread the love

Due to the Corona crisis, this wish of central employees and pensioners waiting to increase dearness allowance for the last one year can be fulfilled soon. According to media reports, the central government is going to give the remaining dearness allowance to the employees before Holi.

New Delhi: Before the Holi, the government employees of the country are going to get very good news. According to media reports, the Modi government can increase dearness allowance by 4 percent. This will significantly increase the salary of Central Government Employees. This will benefit 50 lakh central government employees and 61 lakh pensioners.

Government can increase dearness relief allowance

According to media reports, after the announcement of the All India Consumer Price Index and the Union Budget 2021 in Parliament, the increase in dearness allowance by 4 percent has increased more. According to sources, the government may increase Dearness Relief by 4 percent. You can also pay other outstanding allowances.

Recommendation of 7th Pay Commission will be implemented

The government’s announcement on DA hike will be based on the recommendation of the 7th Pay Commission. Currently, central employees get a DA of 17 percent. Therefore a further increase of DA by 4 percent will take the total DA to 21 percent. After the Corona crisis, all eyes are on the government’s announcement. It is believed that the increase in DA will increase from January to June 2021.

Last year, the government stopped the increase

In April 2020, due to the Korana crisis, the Finance Ministry had decided to stop the increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) for 50 lakh central government employees and 61 lakh pensioners by July 2021. The government said that the additional installment of dearness allowance to the central government pensioners and dearness relief (DR) will not be paid to the central government pensioners from January 1, 2020. However, DA and DR will continue to be paid at current rates.

Last increase was last month

The last DA increase for central government employees was last month. This increase will be considered effective from 1 January 2020. The Union Cabinet had approved a 4 percent increase in DA for government employees and pensioners to 21 percent. But with the April decision, this 4 percent increase was halted.

States can follow the formula of the Center

According to the report, by freezing these installments of DA and DR to central government employees and pensioners, the combined savings in this financial year will be Rs 37,530 crore. In the previous year, this savings remained the same. Explain that the state governments generally follow the Centre’s order on DA and DR. It is estimated that by adopting the same formula of the state government, it can save Rs 82,566 crore by suspending DA-DR of employees and pensioners.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *