Before Mahashivratri Puja, know what things you do not have to use in the worship of Shiva so that no mistake is made of you during the Puja on that day.
New Delhi: The festival of Mahashivratri is celebrated on the Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha of Phalgun month. It is believed that on this day Shivji was married to Mata Parvati, hence Shivji ki Baraat is also taken out on the day of Mahashivaratri in many places across the country and devotees celebrate this festival with great pomp. Worshiping and fasting Lord Shiva on Mahashivaratri also has special significance. By the way, Bholenath is called to Shiva because he becomes happy very quickly and easily. In such a situation, if you also want to worship Lord Shiva on the day of Mahashivaratri, please him and get his blessings, then you have to take care of some things. There are some things which are not allowed to be offered on Shivlinga. Therefore, you should know about them beforehand so that you do not make any mistake on the day of Mahashivaratri.
These things are not allowed to be offered on the Shivling
1. Ketki flower- Lord Shiva is offered flowers like Kaner, Aak, Dhatura, Aparajita, Jasmine, Nag Saffron, Sycamore etc. But Bholenath is especially loved by the white colored flower. But Ketki Flower should not be offered in worship of Shiva despite being white. According to the legend, Ketaki flower had supported him in the lie of Brahma, due to which, Bholanath cursed the flower of Ketaki. For this reason, the use of Ketki flower in the worship of Shiva is forbidden.
2. Do not use sesame seeds in worship- Sesame seeds are not offered in the worship of Shiva. The reason for this is that it is believed that the mole is believed to have originated from the scum of Lord Vishnu, hence the Lord Vishnu is offered to the earth, but the Lord Shivji is not offered.
3. Do not use Tulsi – Tulsi should never be used on Shivling or during the worship of Shiva. The reason for this is that Tulsi is cursed. Tulsi was born from the share of Vrinda, the wife of Asura named Jalandhar, whom Lord Vishnu accepted as his wife. Therefore, Tulsi is not used in the worship of Shiva.
4. Do not offer water from the conch- While worshiping Lord Shiva, one should never offer water from the conch (Shankh) on the Shivling. According to mythology, Lord Shiva killed a demon named Shankhchud. The conch is considered the symbol of the same asura who was a devotee of Lord Vishnu. Therefore, water is not offered from the conch shell in the worship of Shiva.
5. Do not offer coconut water- Coconut water should not be offered on Shivling on Shivratri day. You can offer coconut on the Shiva idol, but not coconut water.
Keep these things in mind too
– Bel letters are very dear to Lord Shiva. But while placing the bell letter on the Shivling, keep in mind that the three leaves of the bell letter should be complete, not broken. The smooth part of the bell sheet should touch the Shivling.
– Neel Kamal is considered to be the favorite flower of Lord Shiva. While offering flowers to Shiva, keep in mind that they are fresh, not withering or stale.
– During the worship of Shivji, when you are offering rice to him, make sure that not a single rice is broken. Broken rice is incomplete and impure, so it does not climb to Shiva.
– Turmeric and Kumkum are the symbols of origin and they are related to Lord Vishnu and fortunately therefore both these things are not used in the worship of Lord Shiva.
– Do not wear black clothes during the worship of Shiva.
Make Shivji happy with these easy methods, all problems will be overcome
March 11 is the festival of Mahashivaratri. Before that you should know that in which easy ways you can please the God of Gods and get his blessings.
New Delhi: Lord Shiva is not called Bhole Shankar. According to Shiva Purana, Shiva is such a God, who gets pleased very quickly and easily and gives the desired groom to the devotees. Lord Shiva, while doing welfare of his devotees, does not see that his devout person is a demon, or a creature of any other vagina. There is no need of any special puja method to please Bholenath, they are happy only by offering water and belpatra on the Shivling. This time, on 11 March 2021, the festival of Mahashivaratri. During this time, by which easy measures can be found to please the innocent Bhole Shankar, read here.
Shivji loves Belpatra very much. On Mahashivaratri, offering belapatra on Shivling gives wealth, marital life becomes happy, great diseases are removed, children get happiness and get rid of all kinds of problems of life. Bellpapers range from 3 to 11 parties, the more letters they are, the better it is considered. While placing bell leaf on the Shivling, also keep in mind that the leaves are not severed.
• Abhishek on Shivling with water and milk
According to Shivpuran, Shiva linga is considered to be a formless form of Lord Shiva, so if not only on the special occasion of Mahashivaratri, but also daily, if Shiva lingam is anointed with water then bad luck also turns into good luck. According to the belief of the scriptures, by offering water to the Shivling, physical and mental troubles are removed. Apart from water, if Shivling is anointed with milk, then all the wishes are fulfilled. If you have less milk, then take a little milk and mix it in water and offer it to Shivling.
• Offer Dhatura on Shivling
Lord Shiva is very fond of Dhatura, therefore, on the day of Mahashivaratri, one should take a resolve to take the bitterness of mind and thoughts and adopt sweetness by offering a datura on the Shivling. By doing this, Lord Shiva soon becomes happy. Apart from this, hemp, figure flower and plum should also be offered on Shivling.
• Offer rice on Shivling
It is believed that only by offering 4 grains of rice, Lord Shiva is pleased and the devotee gets immense blessings. On the day of Mahashivaratri, you must also offer Akshat i.e. rice on Shiva. Just remember that the rice should be clean and unbroken. Never offer broken rice to Shiva. According to Shiva Purana, Lord Shiva is pleased by offering rice on Shivling and, like unbroken rice, gives unbroken wealth, honor and honor.
• Make Shiva happy by chanting these mantras
You can recite these mantras to get the blessings of Bholenath on Mahashivaratri. While chanting the mantra, your mouth should be towards east or north direction.
1 ॐ Namah Shivaya.
2 Namo Neelkanthay.
3 ॐ Parvatipataye Namah.
4 ॐ Hr Hrum Namah Shivaya. 5 ॐ Namo Bhagwate Dakshinamurteye Mahyam Medha Praychch Swaha.